Plenty of us have been struggling to find sanitizing and disinfecting wipes in stores and online since the pandemic began. It has been 3 months and I have only just been able to purchase an off brand of Clorox wipes for the first time since February. Desperate times have called for desperate measures, so for the last three months I have been making my own sanitizing wipes using rubbing alcohol and vegetable glycerin.
I mentioned the recipe in a previous post, 30 Days Of Self-Isolation: Budget Friendly Tips To Keep You Safe And Prepared For Anything, but here is a video that I made which breaks down the process and shows you how to do it. I hope this helps! Let me know what you think in the comments.
DIY Sanitizing Wipes
- measuring cup
- airtight container
- 1 cup of Isopropyl Alcohol
- 3 tsp vegetable glycerin
- ½ tsp tea tree essential oil
- ½ tsp of lavender essential oil optional
- Fold about 15-25 paper towels into an airtight container.
- Measure 1 cup of alcohol into the measuring cup.
- Next measure out and add the glycerin.
- Add a few drops of essential oils to your liking and moc the solution until all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the paper towels evenly, making sure that all four corners are being soaked.
- Press your fingers into the paper towels to help the liquid soak into the bottom of the container. Repeat the last step if needed.
- Seal the container and let it sit for at least an hour before using.